March 1, 2023
How Employers Handle a Remote Workforce
In a June 2022 study by Gallup.com, 8 in 10 employees are working hybrid or entirely remote, while only 2 in 10 are entirely on-site.
In a recent interview with the Michigan Business Network, labor & employment law attorney Cliff Hammond answers questions for employers related to the growing trend of a remote workforce including:
- If an employee approaches their employer and requests to work remotely, is the employer obligated to allow them to?
- How can employers stay compliant when hiring remote employees?
- Are employers able to discipline remote workers?
- Are remote workers covered under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act?
- Should employers and HR teams add anything in their employee handbooks to accommodate remote workers?
See the full interview at michiganbusinessnetwork.com.
Categories: Employment, Labor Relations, Liability
Clifford L. Hammond Shareholder
- First Amendment
- Alerts and Updates
- Employment Tax & Withholding
- Labor Relations
- Health Care Reform
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Did you Know?
- OSHA and MIOSHA
- News & Events
- National Labor Relations Board
- Department of Labor
- Health Insurance Exchange
- Legislative Updates
- Affordable Care Act
- Employee Handbook
- Wage and Hour
- Employee Benefits