Showing 2 posts from March 2020.
Attorney Cliff Hammond addresses issues facing Michigan employers amidst the COVID-19 epidemic during an interview with mConnexions' Principal Strategist, Julie Holton. Hammond covers topics such as the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act, as well as the Michigan Stay Safe, Stay Home Executive Order and what these new rules mean for employers. You can view the entire interview below. Please visit our Coronavirus Task Force page for more resources related to this ongoing situation.
The COVID-19 pandemic and the recent Executive Order 2020-21 has raised many questions for employers across the state. Foster Swift is ready and able to assist any business in making the determination about whether it is exempt, or to answer any other questions you may have regarding the impact of COVID-19 on your business. With the uncertainty and partial information surrounding the Coronavirus, consider the following articles and interview for relevant and accurate updates:
- Update to the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- COVID-19 Legal Issues for Employers
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act - Division E-Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act
- How Does Coronavirus Impact your Contracts?
- Michigan Employers - FAQs on Coronavirus and your Employees
- Clifford Hammond mConnexions Interview
- Employment Tax & Withholding
- First Amendment
- Labor Relations
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Did you Know?
- OSHA and MIOSHA
- News & Events
- National Labor Relations Board
- Department of Labor
- Health Insurance Exchange
- Affordable Care Act
- Employee Handbook
- Wage and Hour
- Employee Benefits
- Health Care Reform